corporate leadership and consulting work
- CEO and co-founder, Piaggio Fast Forward, Cambridge, MA, 2015-.
- Advisor, Piaggio & Co., SPA, Pontedera, Italy, 2014-.
- Member of Board of Directors, Genes Holding Ltd., Ecublens/Basel, Switzerland, 2013-2014.
- Consultant, mondoBIOTECH, Lugano, Basel & Lucerne, Switzerland, 2008-2010.
- Senior Research Strategist and founding partner, Katalabs, Palo Alto, California, 2009-2011.
- Research Strategist and founding partner, OurBricks, Palo Alto, California, 2010-2012.
- Expert presenter, planning exercise on “The Future of Higher Education,” Herman Miller Corporation, Zeeland, Michigan, April 2005.
- Expert witness in international patent dispute for University of California, Fenwick & West, 2004-2007.
foundation and research center boards
- Member of Advisory Board, Austrian Center for Digital Humanities @ Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften (ÖAW) [Austrian Academy of Sciences], Vienna, 2016-.
- Member of Comitato Scientifico, Siena candidata a Capitale Europea della Cultura 2019, 2013-2014.
- Visionary Committee, Board Member, Boston Book Festival, 2012-2013.
- Participant, Futurism Forum, Guggenheim Museum, NY, summer 2011.
- Consultant, Rice University Press evaluation and planning visiting committee, Rice University, April 2010.
- Member of advisory board, “Our Americas Archive Partnership,” Rice University/U of Maryland Research project funded by IMLS, 2009-2011.
- Member, Study Center Consultative Committee, Centre Canadien d’Architecture, Montréal, Canada, 2008-.
- Member, Comitato scientifico, Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti, Design and Architecture, Milan, Italy, 2005-2007.
- Member, Leadership core, Humanities, Arts, Science, Technology Advanced Collaboratory (HASTAC), 2003-2007.
- Member, Comitato scientifico, Centro Studi Giuseppe Terragni, Como, Italy, 2003-2007.
- Consultant, NEA/NEH panel charged with study of reinstallation of permanent collection, The Wolfsonian-FIU, Miami Beach, Spring/Fall 2006.
- Member, Comitato operativo, Fondazione Piero Portaluppi, Milan, Italy, 2002-2005.
- Member, Advisory Board, Stanford Center for Innovations in Learning, Stanford University, 2002-2010.
- Member, Board of Guarantors, Italian Academy for Advanced Studies, Columbia University, NYC, 2001-2007.
- Member of planning group, Bahia Balandra development project, Sci_Arc and Eric Owen Moss Architects, 2006.
- Consultant, Getty Center for the History of Art and the Humanities, Los Angeles, Feb. 1987.
All rights reserved
© 2016 Jeffrey Schnapp